Better Energy Communities is an Energy Efficiency Grant Scheme available through the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and administered by Tipperary Energy Agency in partnership with NTLP (North Tipperary Leader Partnership)
Better Energy Communities grant aid is available:
• Up to 50% funding to community facilities – community halls, resource centres, schools, sports clubs etc.
• Up to 30% funding for private sector – SME’s, large commercial buildings, private nursing homes and Hotels.
Examples of the measures which are eligible for grant aid include:
• Insulation Upgrades
• Lighting Upgrades
• Renewable Energy
• Heating Upgrades (incl wood boilers or heat pumps)
• Window/door upgrades
• Motor/compressor replacements (process)
• Ventilation and refrigeration
We have vast experience in successfully delivering community energy projects under this scheme. Our recent work includes projects in primary schools, leisure centres, community & resource centres, libraries, a business park, and sports clubs. Please find a list of some of our recent projects below and a summary of the type of work and links to case studies if available.
Projects we have worked on include:
- Eltex Ltd, Templemore – Insulation, Lighting and heating
- St Oliver Plunkett National School, Clonmel – Heating, Windows/Doors, insulation & lighting.
- Moyne Athletic Club – Lighting
- Tipperary Town Technology Park – Lighting and Insulation – Case Study
- Our Lady of Mercy Girls NS Cahir – Lighting upgrade – Case Study
- Ballina Family Resource Centre – Boiler
- St. Peter and Paul’s Primary School – Windows
- Biomass at Erasmus Smith House – Biomass – Case Study
- Canon Hayes Recreation Centre – Lighting – Case Study
- Drom Community Centre – Insulation and Windows – Case Study
If you have a project that you think might be eligible please complete the Expression of Interest Form and we’ll be in touch.