Midwest Sustainable Energy Communities Showcase
A Sustainable Energy Community (SEC) is a community in which everyone works together to develop and implement a sustainable energy plan for their community. To do so, they aim as far as possible, to be energy eﬃcient, to use renewable energy and to develop de-centralised energy supplies.
- Advice and funding information from the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland.
- Visit to Templederry Community Wind Farm and Community Renewable Energy Supply (CRES),
- Visit to Nenagh Swimming Pool, a Near Zero Energy Building (NZEB) operating on Photovoltaic (PV) Energy
- Hosted by Birdhill Community group, one of the members of Energy Communities Tipperary Co-operative ltd.
A Sustainable Energy Community can include all the diﬀerent energy users in the community, including homes, sports clubs, community centres, churches and businesses. SEC’s are now being encouraged to join the new SEAI supported SEC Network to help build capacity and share skills across communities
Who is this event for?
This Mid-West event is limited to:
- Local individuals,
- Local community based organisations,
- Local energy and related service providers,
- Researchers/ students supporting mid-west communities with energy projects,
- Local Development Companies, Local Authorities and other support organisations
For those outside of the Midwest, please see details of other regional SEC events at www.seai.ie ; The organisers reserve the right to limit the places to persons from the midwest.
This event is FREE to attend, however booking is essential. Please book here
Download brochure: sustainable-energy-mid-west-showcase-april