Project TypeEuropean Energy Projects
Services InvolvedBuilding Services,
Aim of the project
SustainCo is an ‘Intelligent Energy Europe’ funded project, looking at the energy performance of both new and existing buildings across Europe. Ambitious European targets aim to have all new buildings be Near Zero Energy Building (NZEB) by 2020. One purpose of the SustainCo project is to increase the visibility and understanding of the NZEB philosophy, by providing easy access to practical information on how to build or retrofit buildings to reach NZEB standards.
- Develop high quality technical and financial toolkits focused on NZEB which will act as a mechanism to increase knowledge and experience in relation to NZEB
- Provide know-how and practical information to 10.000 people concerning Nearly Zero Energy Buildings (new buildings and major renovations and retrofits) in target countries. At least 1.000.000 citizens will have direct access to basic tailored information about sustainable energy use and Nearly Zero Energy Buildings and are convinced in benefits of Nearly Zero Energy Buildings with strong renewable energy component
- Transfer knowledge and information from CONCERTO SERVE Project to 1.000+ interested public sector representatives in target countries and beyond via study tours, site visits etc.
- Increase the understanding of planning and financing issues along Nearly Zero Energy Buildings chains with special focus on rural areas – at least 30 rural communities per target regions/countries are participating in project activities, 250 rural local authorities in total
- Train at least 300 market actors in the application of quality standards and rules for Nearly Zero Energy Buildings in rural communities
- Stimulate and support the development of at least 8 NZEB initiatives (1 per region) which will demonstrate advanced technologies and the use of domestic renewable energy sources in NZEB
- Provide input to on-going projects, and initiate new Nearly Zero Energy Buildings demonstration and deployment projects – at least 50 projects in total are identified and supported.
2nd Progress Meeting dates announced : 25th – 26th April, 2013, Graz, Austria
3rd Progress Meeting held: 23rd – 24th October 2013, Alba Iulia, Romania
NZEB Open Doors Days Launch of Irish Sustainco website & Toolkits: 8th – 10th November 2013
Irish SustainCo Website & Technical Toolkits Goes Live!
Please visit the website to get more information on the project, as well as great information on how to retrofit or build to NZEB standards in the form of the technical toolkits – http://www.sustainco.info/ie/
Funding is provided by the EU Commission – Intelligent Energy Europe.
The project will run for a period of 36 months from June 2012 to May 2015
North West Croatia Regional Energy Agency (Croatia),
Limerick Institue of Technology (Ireland),
Severn Wye Energy Agency (UK),
Styrian Energy Agency (Austria),
The Energy Farm – Centre for Biomass (Norway),
iMAT – Construction Technology Centre (Spain),
Upper Austrian Energy Agency (Austria),
Tipperary Energy Agency (Ireland),
Alba Local Energy Agency (Romania)
The SustainCo project is supported by the Intelligent Energy Europe program: