Better Energy Communities is an Energy Efficiency Grant Scheme available through the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and administered by Tipperary Energy Agency in partnership with NTLP (North Tipperary Leader Partnership)
In 2019, we delivered €2.7M worth of projects through the BEC grant scheme. There were 13 beneficiaries in total including local authorities, public sector organisations, private sector, i.e. a hotel, small-medium sized enterprises, bar/restaurant, gaa clubs, community centres, scouts hall and a section 38/39 organisation. Grants of between 30-50% were received for works. Works included Smart LED solutions, renewable heat pump solutions, building fabric upgrades, solar photovoltaic panels, mechanical ventilation systems and heating controls.
We are currently busy planning our 2020 Better Energy Community applications. If you are interested in being part of this scheme or similar scheme in the future, please call us on 052-7443090 for more details.
Better Energy Communities grant aid is available:
• Up to 50% funding to community facilities – community halls, resource centres, schools, sports clubs etc.
• Up to 30% funding for private sector – SME’s, large commercial buildings, private nursing homes and Hotels.
Examples of the measures which are eligible for grant aid include:
• Insulation Upgrades
• Lighting Upgrades
• Renewable Energy
• Heating Upgrades (incl wood boilers or heat pumps)
• Window/door upgrades
• Motor/compressor replacements (process)
• Ventilation and refrigeration
We have vast experience in successfully delivering community energy projects under this scheme. Our recent work includes projects in schools, churches, leisure centres, community & resource centres, libraries and sports clubs.
Projects we have worked on include:
- Heating, insulation, lighting, window/door upgrade to St Oliver Plunkett National School
- Lighting upgrade to Moyne Athletics Club
- Lighting upgrade to Our Lady of Mercy Girls NS Cahir
- Biomass at Erasmus Smith House – Biomass
- Biomass Boiler at Thurles Leisure Centre
- Canon Hayes Recreation Centre – Lighting
- Drom Community Centre – Insulation and Windows
- Eltex Ltd, Templemore – Insulation, Lighting and heating
- Ballina Family Resource Centre – Boiler
- Tipperary Town Technology Park – Lighting and Insulation
- St. Peter and Paul’s Primary School – Windows
If you have a project that you think might be eligible please complete the Expression of Interest Form and we’ll be in touch.