Better Energy Communities is an Energy Efficiency Grant Scheme available through the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and administered by Tipperary Energy Agency in partnership with NTLP (North Tipperary Leader Partnership)
Better Energy Communities grant aid is available:
• Up to 50% funding to community facilities – community halls, resource centres, schools, sports clubs etc.
• Up to 30% funding for private sector – SME’s, large commercial buildings, private nursing homes and Hotels.
Examples of the measures which are eligible for grant aid include:
• Insulation Upgrades
• Lighting Upgrades
• Renewable Energy
• Heating Upgrades (incl wood boilers or heat pumps)
• Window/door upgrades
• Motor/compressor replacements (process)
• Ventilation and refrigeration
We have vast experience in successfully delivering community energy projects under this scheme. Our recent work includes projects in schools, churches, leisure centres, community & resource centres, libraries and sports clubs.
Projects we have worked on include:
- Heating, insulation, lighting, window/door upgrade to St Oliver Plunkett National School
- Lighting upgrade to Moyne Athletics Club
- Lighting upgrade to Our Lady of Mercy Girls NS Cahir
- Biomass at Erasmus Smith House – Biomass
- Biomass Boiler at Thurles Leisure Centre
- Canon Hayes Recreation Centre – Lighting
- Drom Community Centre – Insulation and Windows
- Eltex Ltd, Templemore – Insulation, Lighting and heating
- Ballina Family Resource Centre – Boiler
- Tipperary Town Technology Park – Lighting and Insulation
- St. Peter and Paul’s Primary School – Windows
If you have a project that you think might be eligible please complete the Expression of Interest Form and we’ll be in touch.