Tipperary Energy Agency and the Western Development Commission in association with the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment would like to invite you to a consultation workshop for communities that are interested in the upcoming RESS auctions and the associated community proposals. The Government is committed to the first RESS auction happening in June 2020 and the current consultation on RESS 1 closes on January 17th 2020.
The workshops will discuss the 4 Key Community Pillars proposed:
- Community Led Renewable Energy Projects
- Separate community category in auctions
- Enabling framework for community energy projects – range of supports
- Developer Led Renewable Energy Projects
- Mandatory community benefit fund
- Mandatory community investment offering
The workshop locations are as follows:
- Friday, 10th January 09.30am – 02.00pm – IT Sligo. Click here to register.
- Saturday, 11th January 09.30am -02.00pm – Shearwater Hotel, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway. Click here to register.
- Tuesday, 14th January 09.30am – 02.00pm – Abbey Court Hotel, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary. Click here to register.
These consultation workshops will focus on the Community and Citizen provisions of the Renewable Electricity Support Scheme only and not aimed at the broader provisions of the Renewable Electricity Support Scheme.
Participants are strongly encouraged to prepare themselves by reading the terms and conditions of the Renewable Electricity Support Scheme here.
Other useful reference documents include:
- Assessment of models for community renewables in Ireland available here.
- Research paper on co-ownership of renewable energy projects available here.