We are delighted to support the One Future Campaign. The Campaign for Faster and Fairer Climate Action.
The Irish public overwhelmingly support urgent Climate Action. One Future is calling for Faster and Fairer Climate Action from our next Government.
We want a government that will:
- Reduce Ireland’s greenhouse gas emissions by at least 8% every year
- Support the rural economy as farms reduce emissions and become more sustainable
- Ban new fossil fuel projects
- End peat and coal burning for electricity and ensure fair treatment of workers
- Deliver an ambitious State-backed home insulation programme
- Advocate internationally for faster and fairer climate action and justice
- Restore and protect nature and wildlife
- Ensure affordable and accessible public transport for all
- Enable and support community-owned renewable energy projects
One Future is the people’s campaign calling for Faster and Fairer Climate Action. We need Government to deliver dramatic transformation within a short period of time. We want energy, transport, housing, food and economic systems that have zero climate impact. Through strategic investment, our communities can flourish, with improved public services, greater equality and social justice. Using our influence internationally, Ireland can become a powerful voice for faster and fairer global climate action.
See how you can support the One Future Campaign by visiting their website here: https://www.onefuture.ie/act/