- This event has passed.
Specification & Design of Heating Systems with Heat Pumps One Day Seminar CPD Accredited: Dublin
February 14 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm€195
The 1-day seminar aims to enhance the knowledge base of the engineering and architectural sector in Ireland with respect to heat pumps in homes and commercial buildings. Engineers and architects in Ireland have to change their method and type of specifications and designs for heating systems from a predominately high carbon heating systems to low carbon heating systems. There are a large number of different types of heat pump heating systems available with a myriad of emitters and controls that require more knowledge that heretofore in appliance selection and design as part of an integrated design of renovations and low energy buildings.
Attendees will learn how to;
- Develop a knowledge of a trajectory of heating systems in Ireland, how to encourage the use of low carbon heating systems in Ireland. How to understand the Life cycle cost of heating systems and the planned shadow price of carbon that will impact public sector buildings, or carbon taxes in other buildings. Understanding the benefits to a practice of becoming expert in low carbon heating systems.
- Understand how and what type of heat pump to specify for a given building archetype and why. The advantages and disadvantages of the various different types of systems and an overview of the cost impacts of the different types. How to understand the emitter design requirements coupled with this system, with the performance impact of different emitters. How to ensure the system design performs as required.
- Understand the difference’s required of sizing heat pumps versus fossil fuel systems and develop an overview knowledge base of modeling techniques to size heat pumps to optimise capital and running costs. Understanding the impact of the various different fabric, air tightness and ventilation systems and their impact on heat pump design and sizing.
- Understanding limitations and advantages of electrical installations and the cost and implications of rising (or lowering ) Import capacities. How to optimise the installation of heat pumps for low running costs and pre-heating buildings on night rate electricity.
- How to maximise the performance of the installation using research outputs from the SuperHomes 2.0 research project. Understand the impact of poor and expert commissioning, how to ensure that the designs perform to expectation. Understanding of future trends of smart grid and how buildings of the future will react to energy pricing and lowering carbon emissions.
Who should attend?
The seminar is suitably designed for engineers and architects and will cover a number of topics relating to specification and design of heating systems with heat pumps in Ireland.
- Rationale and carbon pricing for heat pumps in Ireland
- Heat pump types and applications
- Optimising the design of heat pumps in Ireland
- Commissioning for long service life and high efficiency
- Research findings from the SuperHomes 2.0 Research project.
The 1-day seminar is CPD accredited by Engineers Ireland and is worth 6 CPD hours.
If you have any queries in relation to the seminar or require any further information, please email email@example.com .
Register to attend
The event is now over. If you would like to be kept up to date with future events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
48 hours notice prior to the seminar in writing to email@example.com is required to cancel your booking for a full refund. Cancellation after 48 hours prior to the event or no shows on the day of the seminar will receive no refund.