REMARKABLE Climate Leaders is a European Leadership Programme to achieve Climate Neutrality.
It will be an action-orientated capacity building programme. REMARKABLE Climate Leaders has prioritised the engagement of leaders from public authorities throughout its activities. Recognising the diversity of structures, stakeholders and levels of influence across the EU regions, leaders will also be engaged by communities, NGOs, academia and industry/business.
The leadership programme will be delivered in 7 regions to a total of 120 Leaders and will be built around 4 pillars of activity including:
- Pillar 1: What is Climate Neutrality: From EU Ambition to Local Definition; The Science, Structures and Systems relevant to Climate Neutrality; Specific focus on the energy component of Climate Neutrality (from energy efficiency to Climate Neutrality).
- Pillar 2: Climate Leadership: Characteristics, Approaches and Tools
- Pillar 3: Community and Stakeholders: Mapping, Mobilising, Encouraging and Engaging stakeholders
- Pillar 4: Climate Neutrality Roadmap: Scoping, Definition and Application; From Sustainable Energy and Climate Plan (SECAP) to Climate Neutrality Roadmap
REMARKABLE Climate Leaders will build new leadership capacity across Europe through a Climate Leadership Programme designed with and for climate leaders. Through a people-centred approach, Regional Energy Agencies will support leaders of public authorities and communities in implementing transformational roadmaps and innovative solutions to achieve climate neutrality.
REMARKABLE Climate Leaders has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101024972.
- Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Energy Agency (AURA-EE)
- European Federation of Agencies and Regions for Energy and the Environment (FEDARENE)
- Escan Energy Consulting (ESCAN)
- Institute for Innovation and Development of the University of Ljubljana (IRI UL)
- North Sweden Energy Agency (Energikontor Norr)
- North West Croatia Regional Energy Agency (REGEA)
- Podravje Energy Agency (EnerGap)
- Tipperary Energy Agency (TEA)
- Technological University of the Shannon (TUS)
- Upper Austria Energy Agency (OÖ Energiesparverband)